Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Wedding vows



Wedding vows and promises made, in presence of holy fire, with witness as gods and goddesses,
we took our vows and traveled back in time, recollecting most of the mantras from morning prayer we used to recite.

Amidst all the people, amidst all the noise, she spoke to me through her eyes,
I could hear the silence, I could hear that sound,
I looked at my lovely bride, all elegant, all poise,
if every feeling could be expressed in words, vows would just be infinite.

Vedic chants were echoing loud, with panditji cracking a joke every then and now,
questioning me about the rituals being followed, how, but with a smile, I got all the answers through her eyes.  

As I look back, I know not, if I'm worthy enough,
I know not, if wealth lies in austerity,
I know not, if love transcends eternity,
For all I know, you're everything that I hoped for,
your kindness, your simplicity, your caring embrace,
With you, I fight, I smile, I pray,
seven is just a number, vows are just a cliche,
Blessed I'm to have you in my life, you are my strength, my charming bride.

No comments:

Entanglements are but magical..

Holding onto the same string we all start, vibrating in sync with the tune of cosmos, a beautiful dance of ecstacy, all naive with joyful he...