Sunday, November 22, 2015

.. first birthday

A couple of months now and we had met several times,
had many a long conversations while driving about all aspects of life,
with ample time at our disposal, you know, traffic in Delhi never disappoints.

Winters were knocking at the door, sedate sun spreading the warmth of sunshine,
tired as if, napping now, after all the shrieking, giggling and tickling, like a mischievous child.
It was a beautiful morning, we went to get the blessings at bangla sahib.

.. and protocol ensued, monotonous of sorts,
we parked the car, removed our shoes, washed our hands, covered the head,
and ready to climb the stairs when I suddenly stopped.

You looked at me, a bit apprehensive, maybe surprised,
I said a silent prayer in my heart and held your hand for the first time.
Nothing could've expressed it better, we looked at each other and smiled.
It was your first birthday, frozen in time. 

A couple of years now and I'm wearing the same smile,
just an ordinary man, I know, I've fallen short many a times,
I won't make any promises though, words won't suffice,  just this once look into my eyes,
you will see the reason that gives me life.

No comments:

Entanglements are but magical..

Holding onto the same string we all start, vibrating in sync with the tune of cosmos, a beautiful dance of ecstacy, all naive with joyful he...