Wednesday, May 23, 2012

An Apple's worth


Just another day; driving like a programmed machine, eyes on the road, hands behind the wheels.     
Brain multitasking; meetings and presentations planned for the day constantly preempting all else with a free will.
All this while limbic system sending interrupts about the breakfast I had given amiss.

Just like always; I knew where to see, in times like these my laptop bag turns into a fortune cookie,
This time I find an Apple, not much good for me, without much thought I just push it back in.

As I stopped on the next signal, I saw an old man sitting at edge of the street, he looked very sad and hungry so I gave the Apple to him.   
Gladly he accepted the reward and showered blessings on me, was it summer sun or I saw a tear roll down his cheeks.
It was so humbling, what an Apple’s worth could mean.

No comments:

Entanglements are but magical..

Holding onto the same string we all start, vibrating in sync with the tune of cosmos, a beautiful dance of ecstacy, all naive with joyful he...